1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have more perfect games than the Yankees? Larsen, Cone, Wells, Germain.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They were tied with the White Sox with 3 ... until now.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Joe Sheehan hinted at that, and I couldn't find anything because Google was already filling up with breaking news. So he's a wifebeater?

Also, there's this:

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Cy Young with last perfect game vs A’s

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, without looking it up, 81-game suspension a few years ago.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don Larsen came to our town some years ago to dedicate a new ballfield. No autographs but photos all around. It was a very good baseball day.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The elimination of a level or two of the minor league pyramid is ultimately a good thing. It will simply compel people who have little to no shot at the Majors to move on with their lives sooner. It's one thing if chasing your dream provides a living wage. Cool. Chase your dream. But if you're making below minimum wage, you're taking our loans from banks or from family simply to survive. That's not good.
    Every so often, somebody who would have been taken in the 23rd round who is now an undrafted free agent will get a cup of coffee.
    In the 2019 season, slightly under half of those who made their MLB debuts were taken in the top 10 rounds of the draft (48.66%). Among those called up so far this year, that figure is 55%.
    Players undrafted but signed as free agents accounted for 25% of the MLB debuts in 2019. They represent 20% of those who have played in the Majors for the first time in 2023.

8. tapintoamerica

Orioles haven't thrown out a base-stealer in two weeks.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

In Birdland, noted bigot and Trumpist Keegan Akin gets lit up on Pride Night. Although saddled with The Worst Rule Ever, the Manfred Man Rule, he compounded his difficulty with a truly disinterested performance. Almost as if he was trying to get his team beat out of spite.
    If he gets shipped to Norfolk -- or better yet, unemployment, from which he will probably be rescued by the Rangers -- it's probably worth it to get him off my team.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I almost saw the one prior, 1993 Brian Holman (SEA) had one with two outs in bottom of 9th and Ken F**king Phelps hits a pinch HR out!!! I’m pissed and idiot fans around me are cheering like it’s GM 7. I wanted to see history idiots!! Luckily I got to see Cain’s perfecto in 2012.

Draft saved Draft deleted