1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So maybe some more houses go on the market, lowering the prices?

Salisbury is pretty close to the Chesapeake, maybe an affordable vacation option to right on the water?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Listen folks, it's not sexy to talk about economics, but we're in a global economy, every free market is dealing with inflation - you want price controls?"

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

STR have fucked up the rental market in Boston. Property values were already going through the roof, and folks — often international folks or LLCs, with no historic ties to the neighborhood — buying houses solely for STR use made it worse.

You should have to apply for a zoning variance if you do not live in the property and want to rent it out, or if it's your primary but you rent it out for a certain amount of time each year (say, 3 months).

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m very curious about who or what company is behind the building boom happening in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. Massive condo towers. Three-story beach houses. I’ve been coming down for ages and I don’t remember this many places being built at once. Corporate capital is my guess.

wicked likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Can't wait for the hurricane.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Went to Gulf Shores (well, further out, Fort Morganish) when I was a kid and I loved it.

I loved it because it wasn't bling and more bling.

It was the first time I saw a house on stilts and I didn't get why at first.

Anyway, that sucks.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

I went to Sanibel Island as a kid in the early 60's. It was so pristine and beautiful.

It still is, I guess, if you don't mind high rise condos.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great

Draft saved Draft deleted