1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Don't think I could handle another day/night of people on Twitter giving maudlin requiems to their time on it or saying overwrought goodbyes or wondering if the platform will be around tomorrow or thanking everyone for reading them over the years. It'd be like the fourth or fifth time in the last year and a day or two later they're back and posting just like before.

And thankfully, since, uh, I can't read anyone's tweets right now, I don't have to!

wicked likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Honestly, clicking on any post and seeing the blue check brigade dominate the comments has mostly turned me off of the site.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This translates as Elon saying "Fuck you, pay me".

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Speculation as to the cause of the rate limit, which is so nonsensical as a business move (let's limit the audience for our advertisers!) I have seen elsewhere is focusing on the possibility that since today is the start of the new fiscal year, one or more cloud service providers whom Musk has been stiffing have pulled the plug on Twitter. Another theory is that coding errors have caused Twitter to essentially create a denial of service attack on itself.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

In the responses, the first things you see are the sycophant blue checks. And now, with the rate limits counting replies viewed toward the limit of 600, this might be all that you see.

Fuck Elon with a jagged metal scythe. He ruined what was, despite its flaws, an astoundingly useful social-media platform — and the only one I actually liked.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    HanSenSE, garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ve done my research (tm) and I’m going to take your cloud provider cutoff theory as fact, I’m going to repeat it obsessively, then belittle anyone who doubts me.

Typist Clerk and dixiehack like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The 600/day thing is bullshit. I haven't been on Twitter nearly long enough today to have seen 600 tweets. I'm still being throttled.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

But are you willing to debate it?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've been on Twitter a lot today and haven't hit the limit.

Turns out, they haven't put the limit on lists. I only look at Twitter through a list, never the general population.

PaperDoll likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That’s going to suck on CFB Saturdays. I’ll hit the limit by 2:30 Central.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Twitter used to be called the left’s talk radio. Now it’s all fascist content, all the time. Funny how that’s worked. And those wild and crazy liberals haven’t found another venue to preach to the choir.

Maybe this was what the Russians and Chinese wanted.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Just making shit up as he goes along

matt_garth likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted