1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Looking at their schedule, with a handful of exceptions, most of the night games are Monday-Thursday and the day games are Friday-Sunday.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

After midnight. Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ve been to Wrigley Field for five games in my life. It has rained every time. Have tickets for tonight’s game. Rain in the forecast.

I’ve been to a bunch of other ballparks and hundreds of games and only experienced one rain game.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm feeling the same way about Coors Field. My last three trips there were overcast, then wet; snowed out, and then 50 degrees and windy this past June.

Hermes likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I haven't been to Wrigley Field since the 1990s ... and come to think of it, the wind was blowing in, it was drizzling and in the 40s. In early June.

Judging by how much the area around "New Comiskey Park" had gentrified when we went there last summer (yes, I'm a White Sox fan), I can't imagine what "Wrigleyville" is like now. Any hint of 1960s Bleacher Bum culture is probably long gone.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Everyone now has a trust fund to mind.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mets just hit three homers in the third against the Giants. Is Bobby Bonilla going to hit a fourth?

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Coors is always hit and miss. Spring you can get snow early. This year, wettest June ever. May was quite wet. Summer, you get the afternoon thunderstorms. Or this past Thursday, massive hailstorm. Tonight is gorgeous for the fireworks.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine deadpanned after it ended: “Too bad he couldn’t no-hit his wife.” Oof.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My main memory of attending a game at Coors Field on a warm summer day in the 1990s was how sunburnt I was afterward.

The altitude makes a difference, folks. You need to put on sunscreen more than once.

MileHigh likes this.
  13. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. And drink lots of water.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted