1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He was the shit coming out of Mississippi State about six years ago. National college player of the year. I’m a little surprised he didn’t catch fire already, but at 28 I’m guessing he’s out of runway to ever elevate his game.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Their ninth hitter is hitting 97 mph chin-high fastballs over 19-foot walls to the opposite field tonight. What a line-up.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That is pretty amazing.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I believe it’s been that way since the beginning, although back when the game first started, substitutions were rare and not everyone played. Even in the beginning, there were no innings limits for pitchers.

Hermes likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ozzie Albers and Steven Kwan are trying to figure out which one is taller while both are at second base in one of the funnier videos I’ve seen this year. Albers is tipping his head up in an effort to win this battle of short kings.

Also, attendance laggard Cleveland has 38,000 on hand in a stadium that holds 35,000. The rule changes are working, methinks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I remember they used to call him "Rubber Arm" because he didn't need a lot of time to warm up. RIP.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Does anyone say that the problem with tanking is that it's ineffective? What makes it frustrating is that it works.

Hermes likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They have since taken steps to mitigate it. A draft lottery is in place and artificial service-time manipulation has become less common.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Imagine using batting average as a basis for an All-Star, and then complaining that Mike Trout is a guy who makes All-Star totals worthless.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So you’re the guy who thought Willie was an AllStar when he was 40? Thanks appreciate the love.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So are the monthly pass, shirt giveaways, $2 beers, fireworks, bands, and a night before the holiday.

Draft saved Draft deleted