1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We soon won't be able to buy gas-powered law equipment in this state.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Depending on where you are, that's no practical.
    At one place, I mow 3 acres each week. It takes me hours on a 22 hp riding mower going like a bat out of hell.
    At another, it takes my wife 15 mins with an electric push mower while I drink beer in may hammock.

3. MileHigh

Buy. Not use. For now.

Of course it's not practical in a state that's mostly rural.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

My fun Lowe's fact when buying a dishwasher in January:

Went to the store in a car to get the free delivery. They ask if I want to take it home with me I say no, I don't have a truck. Then proceed to tell me that after I buy it, as long as it's in the back, they can sell it to someone who comes in and takes it with you. I was like, so you take payment off my credit card and it doesn't get held and I'd have to wait for the next available one after that? What kind of business model is that?

And don't get me started on the fact that their outside contractors were so clueless it took an extra two weeks to finally get in installed by a local plumber. At least Lowe's refunded that portion as the lone bright spot of the experience.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You can’t find many lawyers not powered by hot air and some type of alcohol.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I bought a returned washer there a couple of years ago. (I'm going to make up numbers here because I don't remember exactly). It was a $500 washer someone returned because it was leaking. They had a sign that said it as refurbished and was guaranteed for about $200. I asked the guy if they guaranteed it. He said yeah, and offered it to me for $120 if I took it then. I said, "Can someone help me get it into my truck? I'll get it in the house."
    Still works like a champ.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. MileHigh

Mine is slow and cumbersome, though we have patience. But for all she has done for us, we're good. And we know if we need anything ASAP, she's on it.

Hermes likes this.
  8. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

G
    Then your attorney, unlike your horrible dishwasher, still works when called on?

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. MileHigh

Um, sure. She has many clients. We have little needs. When she falls behind, like she is now, me and my siblings/beneficiaries are good. It's not the end of the world. We were a major priority in the past with the sale of the business and the estates.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I probably misread your initial post. It sounded like an sarcastic analogy. And kind of sort of still does, but in the event I’m wrong, sincere apologies. I know your loss.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Can I just back out of a very quick, passing bad joke made when a letter was missing?

tea and ease likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I've heard so many Lowe's stories from former workers there that it's not even funny.

I bought a new hot water heater there a couple of weeks ago (the subject of an old thread I bumped) and had no problems, but I did haul it home myself.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted