1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Orioles 11, Twins 1. Just took a human sacrifice to get the bats going again. Rutschman just destroyed a ball like it had insulted his mother.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So does the official roster on the Giants' website.
    3584.jpg

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Rogers’ mother has already smacked both upside the heads and said they aren’t funny.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I don't see the issue. They're not Twins, they're Giants. Although nowadays, 6-3 isn't that gigantic.

(And BB-Ref has them both born in Littleton.)

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does it not bode well for the Tigers that the MLB Network highlight package for their No. 3 overall draft pick seemed to consist of him hitting nothing but two-hop seeing-eye singles?

dixiehack and maumann like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We may need a ruling from @MileHigh here.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Al Avila is amused and wishes to subscribe to Scott Harris' newsletter. Langford-Meadows-Greene would be a sweet outfield for 2025 Opening Day. Instead, Harris rolls the dice on an 18-year-old who won't be up until Avila's string of No. 1 starting pitchers have burned out or left in free agency.

I understand baseball doesn't draft for need, but Tiger fans NEED some hope.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think the Marlins just drafted a 12-year-old.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He's no Jackson Holliday, who will begin losing his baby teeth by the 2025 season.

upload_2023-7-9_20-11-31.jpeg

Batman likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Littleton and Denver completely different.

This isn't a Los Angeles-Brentwood situation. Two separate cities.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And Littleton gets very VERY defensive about Columbine High School and cites, rightly, it's not within its city limits. Columbine is in unincorporated Jefferson County.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Even without that consideration, I don't get passing on Langford. I've seen some convincing arguments that he should have gone ahead of Crews and Skenes.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted