1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yankee fans will not be happy that their team has drafted a player who plays Saint Anthony of Hackensack's position.
    Sure, he'll take a few years to get to the Show, but how dare they threaten the Next Jeter so quickly?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We have a local guy who might have been a day two or three pick, and this afternoon he announced he was coming back for another college season. I'm on vacation this week, so that bit of news has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of following the draft this evening.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Could Rob Manfred pretend to like baseball? At least a little bit? He looked like he was undergoing a rectal exam during those picks.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sunday in summer.

Both Los Angeles teams not playing.

Probably a good thing for the Angels.

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s how many people react to being forced to sit through a televised draft.

jr/shotglass and I Should Coco like this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It was his fucking idea! He could just go back to the old days when it was endless rounds done via a teleconference and nobody pretended to give a shit or know what was going on.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

And can Karl Ravech pretend to know anything about baseball? He said the Dodgers are “one or two games behind the Diamondbacks.” 1) they are tied for first and 2) even if they weren’t, how hard is it to find the correct number?
    He makes so many small, lazy mistakes like that.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Nothing says great for the game like the final pick of the second round of your draft coming close to midnight eastern

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ravech is by all accounts a really solid guy, but he really does seem to be mailing it in.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He had a rough couple of weeks in Omaha as well.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I had a better chance of having that on in the background, listening for the local names, than I ever did for watching the draft on TV.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

After he announced the Athletics' pick, I was on Google trying to find out where Grand Union University was.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted