1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually the unis themselves look kinda ok, but All-Stars should be wearing team uniforms.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jordan Romano either hurt himself or just took himself out in the middle of an inning.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

back tightness

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the NL for their once in a decade win. See you in 2034

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Rob Manfred and Fox's horrific baseball production have really made me hate what the All-Star Game has become.

Or was it a David Ortiz eating contest?

goalmouth likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Honestly, at the beginning when the players came out from center field, I thought the NL guys were wearing black slacks. I couldn't identify them as baseball pants. Probably because they came down to their shoe tops. Very weird. The AL looked like baseball pants.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great. Just fucking great.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't understand the uniforms at all. Every MLB team has an "alternate" now - wear those - that should satisfy the "marketing types." Gosh I hate that explanation for the ludicrous things leagues do to uniforms at All-Star Games, I don't even like the patches on hats during the WS. The shoulder? Fine. But marketers.....OMG.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The Phillies' broadcast just showed clips of Rhys Hoskins running and playing catch in the outfield before BP today.

His quick return would mean more to that ballclub than his numbers would indicate.

Plus, I might have to rename my fantasy team -- Rhys Hoskins' Left Knee.

maumann likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Or if we really need league uniforms, make them look old school. Red for American League. Blue for National. Home wears white; road wears gray.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Josh and Bo Naylor homer in the same inning for Cleveland. Josh is going to put his head through a wall in celebration. Crazy, crazy Canadian.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted