1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Handful of episodes into Big Mouth and it’s fantastic.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I didn’t mind the first season of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. It wasn’t believable, but it was watchable. Episode 1 season 2 may be where I leave it behind.

garrow likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty entertaining. Loved the movie.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just finished The Bear S02.

Molly Gordon was money in Animal Kingdom, and she was money here. I sure hope she's not gone for good.

Everything changed for the better when Richie's light came on at the three-star.

And Carm blows both things up while trapped in a meat locker? I found myself muttering, "Shut up. Shut up." several times.

He sure knows how to multi-task.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve started season 2 three times now. And stopped it 3 times. I’ll finish the first episode but man does it reek of watered down David E Kelley; he must have had Chat GPT write it.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Season 1 fell off a cliff for me about halfway through. It had the Bosch problem of trying to shoehorn in too many major plot lines — for example, a lawyer in the middle of a high profile murder trial is never going to be actively involved in anything else, much less 2 other cases.

That being said, good looking cast.

Tighthead likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I enjoyed The Bear so much. It flew under my radar last year and - get this - it looked good after I saw commercials for it on FX!

There is so much I like about the show, and I've been thinking about it constantly. Richie is my new favorite character.

But there's one thing that bugs me: We are told time and time and time again what a master chef he is. Chef Terry loves him. His picture hangs in that restaurant. He has won the highest awards.
    Yet at no time in the two seasons did he really show competence, let alone excellence. He pretty much failed at every turn. For two seasons.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think he gets in too deep and, yes, the pileup of cases is kind of annoying. I'll stay with it because of the familiar geography in L.A.
    I first discovered Becky Newton as Barney's stripper girlfriend in "How I Met Your Mother" and she she had the coolest name -- Quinn. She shot back at Barney like everybody wanted to do but could never do it. I'll watch any show she's in. Even her boyfriend, who you would think is a crazy, scruffy, wild biker dude. He is very mellow and takes care of business.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My wife pointed out the same thing -- about Sydney. She never nails it with what she's making, unlike Marcus, who turns out magic with every dessert.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Started Hijack on Apple TV, its engrossing and with Idris Elba not schlocky.

garrow likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted