1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week in ill-advised new fast food items

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 8, 2018.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

This is the shit that haunts me these days.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Not a lot of BKs around me, but the ones I have gone to have awful service. I stood at the counter while two workers had a conversation for close to a minute before the manager told them to take my order.

Liut likes this.
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Probably discussing their next toke out back.

4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Not sure I could find a Burger King anywhere around me that isn't dirty-as-fuck and disgusting to even think about getting food from there. Same with Hardee's, for that matter.

BartonK likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Looks like they sent off to the nearest Kroger and just plopped a block of cheese between two buns.

I LOVE cheese, but even that's a bridge too far. And you can't make a GCS without a buttery skillet.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think I've eaten anything from Burger King in 20 years. That place is nasty. They can't even make their food look edible in commercials.

(Also, every time a BK commercial comes on I annoy my wife by asking how they get the grill marks on the side of the burger.)

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

The grill marks are legit. You put the buns and frozen patties in on one side of the broiler and they come out toasted/cooked on the other side a minute or two later. The bad part is they put the meat and buns in a steamer after they come out and don't always check the time.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Those damn commercials. My students loved them and loved singing them more.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The only Hardee’s still open around here is so terrible Northwestern coaches would find it too cruel to haze freshmen there.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm like that with KFC. I think I might have had some of their fried chicken, biscuits and "mashed potatoes" when someone brought a bunch of it into the newsroom around 2001 or 2002. Enough sodium/MSG for about a month.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Yum!? More like Yuck!

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm good for about one KFC trip a year. It takes me about 12 months to forget how gross it was the last time I had it.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted