1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe, but she's missing a couple of Padma's main assets.
    /misogynist jerk

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Surprised that Harrison Ford didn’t get an Emmy nomination for Shrinking. Ditto Rufus Sewell for The Diplomat. Way, way too much White Lotus and Succession in the acting categories.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Only Segel nominated for Shrinking, right? I’m surprised. My favorite show of the year. Thought Ford was a lock to get nominated.

4. Webster

Jessica Williams too.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's good. She was great. Took me forever to figure out where I knew her from, until it hit me she was a Daily Show correspondent.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but The Olds wasted all of their votes on stuff like "The Old Man" this year.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One episode left in The Bear ... I'm probably going to rewatch the whole season once I'm done. Will say that they've done a great job tying in the stuff from "Fishes" to other parts of the season. Really hammers home the point of how messed up Carmy's family is.

8. Webster

One question about the Forks episode

Did anyone else think that scene with Richie correctly identifying the various ingredients was really strange and out of place? He had showed no interest in fine food even 2 days before and is now winning some sort of Top Chef skills test?

9. Webster

The After Party is back for season 2 on Apple TV+. I think it’s an extremely inventive show, but I don’t have the bandwidth or the brains to go down the Reddit rabbit holes of all of the clues.

garrow likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the first season...but don't have Apple TV+ rn.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The use of R.E.M.'s Half A World Away to end season 2 of The Bear was just perfect. The finale was so, so good.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed the second season other than the annoying Netflix thing of cutting it into two parts.

Just binged the new season of Project Greenlight. As a confirmed Greenie from way back--it might be my favorite reality show of all time--I was excited for its return. It's a little more polished now and this season they specifically hired a female director but the train wreck quality remains and I'm again highly entertained. Just love behind-the-scenes machinations of creative work. Also just rewatched the first four seasons, first three of which can only be found on YouTube. Stolen Summer, Battle of Shaker Heights, Matt and Ben smoking nonstop, Chris Moore, Gulager family, it was good to be back with the gang.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted