1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is hardly up there with tornadoes aimed at Wrigley, but the Chatham team in the Cape Baseball League had a string of five consecutive home games fogged out last week. Foggy and 80 is a weird experience and not a pleasant one.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In a cruel twist, I was hoping to get out to play golf tomorrow morning to beat the heat. It's supposed to storm all morning and then be 94 in the afternoon. What kind of fucked up summer shit is that? It's ALWAYS afternoon storms around here.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Yesterday's forecast heat thinned the usual crowd but included a nice breeze, and I shot my lifetime low on an uncrowded course.

maumann likes this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Congrats on your 103!

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll never shoot my age, but if global warming gets terrible enough, I might be able to shoot the temperature one day.

maumann, Batman and swingline like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was excited this week because I have to cut grass and the forecast highs were only in the upper 80s. They never mentioned the humidity was coming with it and the heat index would be about 103 every day.
    Still haven't cut grass. Hoping to get to it Friday or Saturday when it's a more manageable 95/102.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you've lived in the upper Midwest/Mountain West long enough, you've experienced 30 or 40 below actual, and colder windchills. You stay inside, and enjoy the seven hours of sunshine on those days.

In that story they talk about the winter of 1983-84. That truly was a bitch. I don't think it got above 10 degrees for a month.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Many parts of Vermont are under water after the rains and floods.

My town has been drenched too but somehow missed the flooding.

Tornado strength winds, and lightning, just blew threw through and left this visual ...

[​IMG]

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We had a severe thunderstorm roll through at 4 am. About 10-percent of the city is without power. Lots of trees down - mainly from gusts toppling them thanks to saturated ground from all the rain. Luckily, the giant oak in our front yard held on. But we lost a 16-inch pecan tree in the side yard.

Unfortunately, an even more severe line of storms is expected tonight between 1 and 4 am.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sunny, high of 93 today, 25% humidity, no skeeters. Life is good.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's 90/110 right now and I'm about 80 percent of the way through finally cutting my grass. There is not a part of me that doesn't have sweat on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted