1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young people have no idea …

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 19, 2023.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does In and Out do Door Dash? I see the lines at the drive-thru and wonder what the deal is. If it takes a half-hour just to get to order...

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't believe so. And the longest I've ever waited after putting in an order is just short of 20 minutes. Usually takes about 15, depending on how busy they are, and they're usually busy.

swingline likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve never been to an In & Out, but I’ve never known a Cook Out to take less than 10-15 minutes, and that’s if they’re empty. A full house could mean a 45-60 minute way. They are so damn slow.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have to say that when we were shown films, the ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta sound of the film threading through the machinery was sleep inducing. I don't think I ever made it through "Tale of Two Cities."

dixiehack likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We just got back from vacation and a nearby mall had a Tesla shop so we popped in. I had never sat in a Tesla and was completely baffled. Someone left a turn signal on and I couldn't turn it off for the life of me. If I owned one I'm sure I'd be fine after a few days, but basic controls for a car shouldn't require that much work.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, nothing infuriated my dad more than if I (or my younger sisters) didn't like a restaurant. So whenever we went on a road trip (which wasn't often) we ALWAYS ate at a Pizza Hut. This included my first move-in freshman year of college.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This oughta baffle you even more ...

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/UqqtJXZRvJU

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Don't know about Wendy's, they seem to go to more populated areas. But the other 4 (with the addition of Subway) can be found at just about any wide spot in the road these days. McDonald's is next on the food chain, and Taco Bell and Domino's Pizza won't be far behind.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This seems to fit here:

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not bad, but it doesn't go in yearly sequence like the original. It jumps around.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, if anything they should just flip flop a couple of the verses to straighten out the chronology. And they missed the boat on COVID completely -- as well as the 2008 economic meltdown.
    I guess that will kick off version 3 in about 2045.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Heck, it was probably 4-5 years ago, my sister-in-law tossed me a set of keys and asked if I could move her car for her. I said sure.
    Got in the car, and there was no play to put a key. I walked back in and said, "Apparently I can't because I don't know how to start it."
    She laughed and said as long as you had the fob, it was push button. I don't even remember what she was driving at the time, but that was mind blowing for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted