1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It's 97 in Microville. Have a game tonight, there are new windows in the press box that only have transom openings for ventilation, it's gonna be over 100 degrees in there. We offered to replace the old, standard windows several years ago but were refused. They asked for our input over the winter, then completely ignored everything we said when they put the new windows in. The place is a convection oven on any day over 70.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Why do you live in Death Valley?

2muchcoffeeman and Batman like this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Are you Going Smoko?

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Days like this bring up a number of questions about my life choices.

Now 118.

swingline and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Got caught in the rain trying to clean up my vehicle.

Thank goodness the carport is 20 feet in reverse. But still ... humidity is straight out of Southeast Asia monsoon season. And still is hours later.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only 80 degrees an hour after sunset with 74 percent humidity. But the last couple of days have been 90-plus percent humidity and two hours on my feet at the soccer game have me drained. This is the kind of weather when inanimate objects start sweating.

swingline likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's break out the wind breaker weather in DV right now, where it's pushing toward the all-time record of 130.

Mid-80s here today, but I went to the mountains for the afternoon where it was in the upper 70s. Starting to dry out, though.

8. micropolitan guy

A beautiful 76 outside at the ballpark, with a nice breeze. A toasty, stagnant 85 inside the press box, after a game-time high of 97.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Drove up to Sacramento today. 104

Watched my car’s temperature gage go between 100 and 106. Only time it went belle was crossing a bridge over the bay. Got home to a quality 102.

I might go outside with a meat thermometer in the air to confirm, but my water app says it’s 70 at 9pm.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm in Central Florida. Hasn't approached triple digits all summer, and the high over the next 10 days is 93. How the hell (no pun intended) do places like Sacramento get so hot?

11. micropolitan guy

The interior valleys of Cali have always been hot.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's now 11pm at my home. 103 degrees. (It's an underrated threat to health and even plant life around here. Obviously 118 degrees in the afternoon is dangerous and insane... but it never cools off. I think the overnight low last night was 95. Don't know if we'll get that low tonight.)

Draft saved Draft deleted