1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week in ill-advised new fast food items

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jun 8, 2018.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Order a large and you'll have enough taters for a family. If, of course, you're of the mind to share.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife and I ate at Five Guys once. It earned the nickname "Diarrhea Burger" and it wasn't because it tasted like shit.
    Chalking it up to a bad experience, I ate there alone a second time. The nickname was validated.
    There has not been a third visit.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Five Guys is great. The only negative is that on a mobile order, they won’t make the fries in advance.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They will have the fries ready if you click the link in the confirmation text to let them know you’re on your way.

I just did that exact thing on Friday.

Hermes likes this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Five Guys I go to is nice. That they keep up the franchises is impressive.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Our local one won’t do that. You have to show up first.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Also never know quite what you'll get on sizing. I've ordered smalls and gotten enough to feed the family, and larges that fell short. So much depends on who's manning the fry station and if they're having a good day. Powerful position.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m in the major metro near My Fair City to pick up my brother and brother-in-law after today’s airline mess, and I stopped in a local BK to grab a snack tonight.

No cars out front. Doors unlocked. No staff inside.

I went next door to Zaxby’s.

Liut likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That’s creepy.

Zaxby’s, that is.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are actually several things on the BK menu that I kinda like. I've just given up trying. I've dealt with crappy service, tables left uncleaned, messed up orders, you name it. The capper was the night I gave them one more chance. I went through the drive through and ordered a Whopper combo, and they told me that they were sorry but they were out of french fries and Coke.

I've gone to BK once in the couple of years since, and that was to one that I know to be decent, and it was for a breakfast croissant. Screw 'em. Too many choices out there to mess with them any longer.

How the hell to you run a Burger Doodle and run out of fries?

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't make anything until you tell them that you are there. Have to pretty much wait as long as if you just order it in the store. So I sit and eat peanuts.

Chick fil A's also doesn't make it until you are there. Freddy's used to do that but they changed it.

I think all apps should just do it when you order unless you pick a time.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That happened to me once at a Jack in the Box. Nobody seemingly in the store at all when I went to place an order at the counter. They were probably in the back room smoking and joking.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted