1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And in October, they get to put it all on the line in a sprint for, like, six electoral votes against an upstart opponent coming off an exciting primary victory. #TorturedAnalogy

But...you know who is building an awfully interesting Hall of Fame case if the Braves win the World Series again this year? Brian Snitker, who would be a two-time champion with a long-term contract for a fucking loaded contender. He's 67, but knock on wood, he seems to be in pretty good shape and he's as baseball lifer as it gets. What if he managers five more years after this, gets to 1,000 wins for an iconic franchise and either wins a third title (every three-time champ is in the HOF except Bochy, who will be whenever he retires for good) or a third pennant (31 of the 39 Hall-eligible managers with at least three pennants are in and Bochy, Francona & Baker will follow). Pretty wild for a guy hired just to sop up some losses under that insane fucker John Coppolella.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bowie is back in town in August for a series with the Squirrels. Will have to make it over for at least one game to see him up close.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Big Red(neck) Machine

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Cincinnati just attracts very normie, corporate looking people with secretly awful opinions on lots of stuff.

Source: my college dating life

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ohio is not the South, but in a lot of ways it really is.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ole Marge Schott was ROFL in her grave.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

But doesn’t Bench have dementia? Or am I confusing him with Seaver??

Anyways, I am really inclined to give him a pass. He’s like 80 right? My sister would call out my dad for saying the n word say 5 yrs ago and I would be thinking, “he’s 80+ and is a 10th grade dropout from Idaho, you’re not going to change him “. Do I like it? No but times change faster than people.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Funny how the guys getting a pass always look like Johnny Bench.

Telling my grandma that if she used the n-word in relation to Brazil nuts in front of my two-year old one more time meant she didn’t see him any more sure got her to change.

Funny how that works.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He was disappointed when his first wife refused an offer to pose for Hustler

"Why not? It's good money," he apparently told her.

Same Bench he was in his 20s.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sure at that time, Hustler was good money.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Spinal."

Draft saved Draft deleted