1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Never got a chance to do it with the Lexus, which I drove for 14 additional years after the odometer stopped working at 210,514. :mad:

Hermes likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I bought my Civic four years ago and, thanks to COVID, it has barely 30,000 miles so far.

Now that I don’t have a commute to worry about, I might just be able to drive that car until I retire in 18 years.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m 14 miles away from 222222 on my 2010 Civic.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bought my CRV in January 2020. Just passed 32,000 miles on it. I put more than that on my old Altima in one year working for the paper in Lynchburg. I'm at the point where I hopefully may only ever have to buy one more car in my lifetime. I expect that CRV to last quite a while.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Almost as much as I do. Almost.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

My current machine has less than 30,000 miles, and I hope I'll have it for a long, long time.

Sort of looked at a Civic Type-R while I was getting mine serviced, but between the color (white ... um, no), the fact that it had more miles than my vehicle and that they wanted more for it with that mileage than Honda wanted for it brand-new, it wasn't happening. Plus I have AWD. Staying put.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I've got a 2019 CRV. Other than a short spell when I drove an off-lease SAAB 9-3, I have driven a Honda since I was 16 years old. I took my driving test on a five-speed 1987 Honda Accord, a car I absolutely loved, was quick as hell. I've owned or leased a Prelude, a CRX, a Pilot, an Element, a two-door Accord, and currently the CRV.

Hondas have never let me down. I owned my Pilot from 2003-2019. Never had a problem with it until all of a sudden everything was wrong with it lol.

Only thing I regret is not swapping it out earlier. As such, I had to basically take what the dealer had on the lot, which left me with a gray CRV, easily the most common car on the road lol. No shit, once a month I mistake someone else's car for mine and will probably get shot one of these days for someone mistaking me for a car thief.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mine is a black 2019 CRV. There were five of them in the parking lot when I left the gym the other day, so I feel your pain, lol.

OscarMadison and CD Boogie like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not sure what I'll do after the Honda dies. Practical angel says, "you'll be retired or almost retired, so you really don't need a second car except for an emergency. Just get something reliable." Then again, Practical angel has dominated my life (well, other that that nice 1988 Supra), and it may be time to invite Emotional angel to the party.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

As soon as they are available, I plan to trade for a '24 Toyota Tacoma, and I hope that's my last truck ... in terms of it lasting 30 years, not me not lasting that long.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I, too, have had Hondas since I was a teen. CRX, Accord, Civic, Passport, CRV and now a 2021 CRV with AWD. Love them and have always been great vehicles for me.

CD Boogie and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted