1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Royals are damn near as bad. It's remarkable.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yet somehow they gave the Rays all they could handle, winning three of the seven games in the season series.

Just a note, can I say how much I've really enjoyed the new schedule? And not just because of the AL East is a Beast sort of thing. Having six series against each division opponent was such overkill. It's been cool to see the Dodgers and Marlins come to town, rather than another three games with the damn Red Sox or Yankees.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

IDK, nobody discounts Koufax's no-hitter vs. the 62 Mets or Bunning's perfect games vs. the 64 Mets, who were just as bad.

Batman and jr/shotglass like this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Along those lines, the only series the Braves have lost since Memorial Day were to...the A's and White Sox.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, that quite a distinction.
    One has Old Chester off to the side taking a shit to ward off flies.
    The other does not.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That raises an interesting question: Which perfect game or no-hitter was the MOST impressive, in terms of a good-hitting team that was shut down?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Don Larsen's perfect game. Hall of Famers (Reese, Robinson, Hodges, Snider, Campy) were 0-15. Hall of very, very goods (Furillo, Gilliam, Mitchell) were 0-7. Hall of average (Amoros) was 0-3. Maglie, a poor hitter, went 0-2.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Well, that answers that question lol.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Roy Halladay no-hit a pretty good Reds line-up in the playoffs, with Votto at his full powers along with Phillips, Rolen, Bruce, a surprisingly good Jonny Gomes and Ramon Hernandez, but nothing like the 1956 Dodgers.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Stopped looking once I saw that.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not only is the feckless Yankees lineup near the bottom of the MLB ranks, but there are four or five guys at AA Somerset hitting below .200, including Dominguez. The short- and long-term outlooks are bleak.

Draft saved Draft deleted