1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

In the left lane. Drive whatever you want to in the right lane, but don't be a left lane bandit.

Liut and Driftwood like this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I hate you.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There are no winners in this battle.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Ach!

I tend to pull over when I see the real-life analog to the Coen Bros' Angel of Death from Raising Arizona churning up 31 or 25 (or 6 to 4) in my rearview mirror. It's easier to assume they're moving from Point A to Point B for a reason and some of them may have timetables to follow. Everybody's got a story.

Maybe your picture in another thread should have been HST?

I drive a 2017(?) Ford Fiesta after years and years and years of driving Toyotas. What can I say? I love The Lima Bean and will be very sad when it wears out because Ford is no longer releasing new models in North America. It's agile, unexpectedly roomy, great on gas, and Jeremy Clarkson gave it a good review, so neener. Getting back in the saddle soon, which will mean lots of wandering around Kentucky and Tennessee. Having done some fieldwork off the beaten track (and more than a few dirt roads,) it's already a given that The Bean can handle it.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Making people this angry before noon on a Saturday with a random half-fictional bit I invented is a major win.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    maumann, OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OK, but the shooting thing from Driftwood was clearly hyperbole too. I think you need to take the whole history into account here.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What do some of you all do when there’s a cyclist on the road?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Move over, give them plenty of room, and go by. There is a big difference between being stuck behind a cyclist for a few hundred feet that you will eventually be able to pass and being stuck behind a car or dump truck for miles and miles with no way around.

2muchcoffeeman, OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago, doing 88 on I-80 east of Rock Springs, some guy in a Corvette blew by me at about 115. Left me in the dust.

I say, you go, man. If there are any cops, they'll get you and I can keep on cruising.

But, don't camp out and do 75 in the left lane when the legal speed limit is 80, and the actual speed limit is 85-90.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Veer slightly right and open my passenger door.

Hyperbole or no?

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

When someone tells you who they are, believe them.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted