1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They're in the process of doing it. Just trying to get the right one and clear some legal hurdles as well.

Name change decision delayed until 2024 — MUW Spectator

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just meant it was weird that both of them are now dead, two years after working the rubber chicken circuit together.
    But in the literal sense, Leach obviously owned the room so he was his normal self. McCray-Penson was friendly, but seemed a little quiet. Honestly, though, any opening act for Mike Leach had a tough job.

Liut likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Are alumnae at the W still raising hell about the name change? They’ve been trying to rebrand for a long while now.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just saw this myself. HOLY CRAP.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That is absolutely terrifying. Like, to have that happen to your child? Couldn't imagine.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's more like it.

[/crossthread]

When Keyontae Johnson asked doctors if he could play again, two said yes, one said no. He went with the majority.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gonna screw up LeBron’s plan to play with Bronnie on the Lakers.

Imagine having that happen to yourself, though.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It will certainly give dad occasion to reassess his own career.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In a restaurant with a TBT game, and Ted Valentine is on the whistle. So much for a lighthearted summer diversion.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Texas Woman's University in Denton also has men who attend, but I don't think they offer men's sports. The enrollment is still 90% female. There is no push for a name change that I am aware of. It's a good-sized school with about 13,000 on the main campus.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fastest way to kill my anticipation of a game is spotting Ted strutting on the sideline, especially live.

Draft saved Draft deleted