1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dude. That would be the most Mizzou thing ever.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Grayson Rodriguez and Gerrit Cole hooked up in a real duel at Camden Yards. Scoreless, bottom 5.

I don't think Rodriguez has thrown a first-pitch ball tonight. It's the version of him Baltimore has been waiting for.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

CUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hell of a game-winning catch. Burleson needed one more biscuit for breakfast.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Baseball will always break your heart.

But when it decides to make love?

god.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

How about a walk off slam for Bobby Witt?
    Yes, they’re awful but that was fun to watch.

Liut likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I guarantee you that if Nevin comes out and exchanges lineup cards tomorrow, he gets tossed on the spot.
    In fact, I’ve got even money that says whoever comes out gets tossed.
    They were in HP umpires butt all night long. Nevin went after him after the game.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Last week, Thaiss got kicked out for throwing his bat and helmet after being called out on a pitch that wasn't near the zone. Today, he was called out twice on bad pitches, but stayed calm so he didn't get run. Estabrook was very inconsistent, with a very wide strike zone. But the Angels failed to score with bases-loaded, no outs in the seventh, and bases-loaded, one out in the ninth. They had chances so no one to blame but themselves.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Santander goes yard with one out in the ninth. Orioles 1, Yankees 0.

And the kid who threw 6.1 shutout tonight might be their No. 1 starter by September. He's the one with Game 1 stuff. Rodriguez was hitting triple figures for much of the evening.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I’m envisioning this…..
    Angels have a chance to deal Ohtani. Could have got several pieces in n exchange. They say no. They feel like they’re still in it (5.5 back)
    Ohtani gets hurt. Back, rib, oblique……something.
    15-day IL coming.
    From 5.5 back to 9.5 back by August 15.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I didn't make it through the game, but I'm looking at the box score and I'm befuddled at how Fujinami got through 2/3 of an inning with a walk on eight pitches. What a weird line.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted