1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

IMG_7815.jpeg

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

These dad jokes will not stand, man. This dude does not abide.

Batman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He's been putting up a lot of weird Instagram posts this week so I figured a new album was coming.

dixiehack likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I go to a festival in SE Ohio in the hills and one of the more mindblowing experiences was watching Childers perform on the porch of a tiny cabin, about five feet away.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Saw him in a tiny venue in Brighton, England. One of my favorite shows ever. Really want to see him again.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've been doing a deep dive on the back catalog of the excellent Stereogum column from Tom Breihan, The Number Ones. So, it's "fun" but not surprising that this culture war kind of bullshit was going on back in the 1960s, and probably before then too. (He's only up to the 2010s, I think - hasn't even gotten to Taylor Swift yet - so I'm sure it'll be interesting once he gets to like Morgan Wallen.)

https://www.stereogum.com/2012214/t...-of-the-green-berets/columns/the-number-ones/

OscarMadison and Hermes like this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

1. I would have never heard (still haven't), nor heard of, the Aldean song if people hadn't started making a big deal out of it.
    2. Luke Combs has an awesome version of Fast Car. I can't wait until the mouth breathers figure out "You recorded a song written and performed by a (probably) gay black woman, and you didn't even change the gender?! Boycott Luke!"
    3. I saw a Bud Light commercial the other day with Zac Brown music. I laughed. I still wouldn't drink Bud Light.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was released in May. Nobody had heard of it until the controversy - which is why I think his label’s PR people ginned it up to get MAGAs to buy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted