1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Deadloch

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I forgot it was happening, thanks for the reminder! Gotta watch that soon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Liked it. Got a bit better a few episodes in when one of the main characters became less slapstick.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I’ve only seen 2 of the 3 but I hope the Justified miniseries picks up and grabs some cameos. So far, the patter and chemistry Raylan had with Art, Tim and Rachel is sorely missing

Tighthead likes this.
  5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’m about halfway through season 1 of The Morning Show.

Great cast, well written etc., but I think the subject matter just doesn’t grab me. I don’t think I’ll finish.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Invasion on Apple. Heaping bowl of meh. It wanted to be War of the Worlds and Signs and didn’t do either well. There are three story lines. One really sucked. The best one is all in Japanese.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's as much about the infighting and constantly shifting alliances among the characters as anything. It often stretches the boundaries of credibility, but the cast makes a lot of it work. I finished the first two seasons and it is among the reasons I'm considering keeping Apple+ after my free trial is up. Shrinking is reason No. 1.

playthrough likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ringer had an interesting podcast series on this as well, back in 2020 when I was listening to anything I could on my interminable pandemic walks.

Webster, sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yeah, I finished the first season and didn't bother with the second.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Wes Anderson themed episode of The Afterparty was pretty funny.

garrow likes this.
  11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We’re watching the third and final season of “Reservation Dogs” on Hulu. It’s taken three episodes to get the four Native American teenagers home to small-town Oklahoma from California. So far it’s been great, bringing an uncommon indigenous perspective to TV.

Are limited seasons going to become more common? Ted Lasso fairly recently ended with three and I’m sure there are more. I’m a little saddened when programs I like reach the end after a few seasons because I enjoy watching new episodes, but “Northern Exposure” is a pretty good example of a series that went on for too long and died a slow and pitiful death.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

For non-network shows, it's becoming more and more common that they just end when the creators or actors want to stop. Like for Succession and Barry, HBO wanted more. Since the revenue from syndicating and DVD sales has really lessened, there's way less incentive for them to run a show for a dozen seasons, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted