1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

JFC, I expect to see that crap at the upcoming Little League regionals and World Series. How this idiot has been able to stay in MLB is the greatest mystery in sports, honestly.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At some point the union has to Jedi mind trick this guy into retiring.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that Jedi stuff is just a movie thing.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You know what I mean. Make him change his mind and have it seem like it was his idea.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

BREAKING!! Giants get All-Star AJ Pollack!! Oh wait it’s 2023, not 2018,…never mind.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The kid the Guardians got, Kyle Manzardo, went to my son’s high school and played sports with him quite a bit (my son is one year older than Kyle).

Nice kid who tore it up for a few years at Washington State before the Rays drafted him.

Hermes likes this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I have a family member who is friendly with Angel Hernandez. He was at a game with his kids and Hernandez was the third base ump. He talked to them between innings. Hernandez helps out my family member with tickets and has been over for dinner. A real nice guy apparently.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

50 years ago today. Looks like a painting.

Big Circus likes this.
  9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Lot of speculation that German was involved in a prospective trade and that was why the Yankees held him out. When the trade talks failed, viola his armpit is healed.
    On FAN last night the callers were questioning the timing details - they supposedly knew about the armpit on Sunday (and maybe even Friday!) but didn’t have him see a doctor until Monday at 5.
    Boone took a lot of grief about the process from reporters after the game, and from hosts and fans on the radio. If he wasn’t hurt, knowing that at 5 p.m. gave them plenty of time to switch to German starting. Boone also said after the game that they stuck with Brito starting, but sent German to the bullpen as possible long relief for Brito in case he got lit up (and he pretty much did). To me, that was them preparing for the worst, and almost they expected Brito to fail.
    But thats really another reason they should have gone back to German starting once they knew he was ok (or not traded).

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

They should burn those fucking things. They never play well in them.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One key difference: The Nationals won a World Series. The Orioles haven't won a game in the LCS in 25 years. You get a little leeway when you give your fans a title.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What Cosmo said ...

Draft saved Draft deleted