1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Lorenzen was lights-out for Philly. Flaherty's shutting out the Jays in the sixth.

Funny how that works.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This happened in MAY

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is probably too touchy-feely, even for me ...

Flaherty threw really well today. But you know how Rutschman goes out there at the end of an inning, meets the pitcher and talks it over with him? I saw Flaherty blow right past Adley at least twice, pretty clearly ignoring him. That's not the vibe this team has established.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Flaherty had more than a bit of the red-ass in St. Louis. Will be very interesting to see if he adjusts his vibe, or if the O’s actually use it to their benefit. (As a Rays fan, I’m hoping that doesn’t happen, but also, it’s oddly easy to root for these Orioles even as a Rays fan.)

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hello Mr. O's fan (and others), I love that they're doing well because they remind me of my youth.

Is my memory correct, that the O's haven't been relevant since what 1996 or so when they had Palmeiro and Mussina? Has it been that long?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Baltimore made the playoffs in 2012 and 2014 and 2016. They advanced to the LCS in 16 but were swept by the Royals.

So, suffering, yes. Long-suffering, no.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Fucking Royals.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Weird spellings of Indians and Blue Jays :D

(I know you meant 14. My thumbs sympathize)

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Shohei pulled from the mound after 4 innings -- 0 runs, 3 hits, 1 BB, 4 Ks, 59 pitches. No reason given yet. He was on base in the bottom of the fourth. Still in dugout.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, wild-card loss in 2016.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Angels calling it cramping in his right hand and fingers. Remains on game as DH.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cramping in his right hand, huh. Better check his eyes for lots of vision

Draft saved Draft deleted