1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I saw a video of a bowler who was rolling, essentially, a screwball -- right-hander twisted his arm so the ball started out left and curved back into the Brooklyn pocket. My elbow hurt just watching it.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Jose Ramirez just almost knocked Tim Anderson the fuck out at second base.

Full-on fist fight.

Stems from Anderson’s dirty pool at second last night.

maumann likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

My favorite part is the ump bailing out of there, I assume because they touched gloves according to the Marquess of Queensbury rules.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Anderson actually dropped the glove and they both put up their dukes! Anderson got in a right hand but Ramirez floored him with a wild swing before anybody else could get in there. Man, Hockey Night in Cleveland.

I'm guessing two for instigation, five for fighting and game misconducts. Looks like both teams will have to play shorthanded.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He leveled Anderson while off balance and a guy starting to pull him away. Dude is strong.

bigpern23 and maumann like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

From the also in the AL Central perspective, I don't have a big problem with it. If the Twins' hitting migrates back down from poor to completely atrocious, the division is probably Cleveland's to lose, regardless of who they traded. Both parties were playing for a chip, a chair and a chance anyway. All Cleveland did was lower the buy-in. Civale was nothing special in Detroit today.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Cleveland now has Jose Ramirez’s statue planned. It’s him landing a right on Tim Anderson’s face while being held back.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Still not as good a punch as Rougned Odor on Jose Bautista. Still stunned Joey Bats stayed on his feet for that one.

Hermes and maumann like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“Down goes Anderson!”

UPChip and maumann like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt. It was so pure and square.

Draft saved Draft deleted