1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Go Cubs Go.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Between the brawl and umpiring heel, Angel Hernandez, baseball is back.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Scheduling quirk: The Braves have played 109 games. The Rays have played 114.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Someone I talked to this weekend suggested that because the Rays have assortment of quality arms at the different levels of their farm system that guys, in order to separate themselves from the pack, might got a little harder in the minors than they need to go and maybe a little harder than the bodies want to go and it leads to a lot unnecessary wear that comes back to haunt them later. That was his opinion.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Anderson 6
    Ramirez 3
    Managers 1

I’m guessing both guys got 3 for fighting and Anderson got more for instigation (and maybe post fight comments?)

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm a big Kevin Brown fan, and that's ridiculous. I know they've moved their broadcasters around this season between TV and radio, but that's super annoying as a fan if they're suspending him for THAT. It's just fact-based reporting. No cheap shots were taken. Fucking John Angelos. Ruining a good thing.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Same fukchead family that fired Jon Miller. Always the East Coast baseball backwater.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Anderson should have gotten three for fighting and three for embarrassing himself.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Folks, the White Sox need some group therapy. And a top-to-bottom housecleaning. But mostly some group therapy.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Commenting on the previous two posts:

The Orioles obviously can't handle the truth.

And Anderson might be a dick, IDK, but he's totally right for saying that to Grandal. You don't want to be here, the GTFO.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

The exact same stat was in the team’s own game notes.

Draft saved Draft deleted