1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Grandal is somehow getting 18 million this season. The least he could do is show up to work.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I blamed LaRussa. It wasn’t LaRussa.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My exact thought upon seeing this a few minutes ago was, "What in the actual fuck?"

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Was he perhaps explicitly told not to give those stats?

Nothing else makes sense.

5. jr/shotglass

The only thing I can guess is that Angelos cringed at the reference to "slouches" with the Rays. And THAT makes no sense.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Schedule quirk: Yankees play 32 of their final 50 on the road.

A week ago, the Padres and Angels thought they could trade their way into the playoffs. Nobody should be surprised that they have both reverted to their previous conditions and can now begin planning hunting and fishing trips.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The Angels were trying to go all-in to get into the playoffs so hopefully Ohtani wouldn’t want to stay. I forget who I heard say it, but a couple weeks before the trade deadline, a national pundit said the Angels would do exactly this. They would win a few games, look like they were going to flirt with a wild card spot, but then hit a tough stretch and see their deficit balloon to 6 or 7 games and be toast by mid August. But resigning Ohtani is at least understandable.

The Padres are pretenders. This year they didn’t waste time showing it. They need to tear down.

And now I’ll pause for Richard Maximus to pop off with his usual shtick of shitting on anyone with an opinion about sports on a sports message board…

8. jr/shotglass

I get a bellyache when Mom and Dad fight.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The more I think about the Orioles shit the more I think Angelos just wanted to fire/intimidate the broadcast team and told one of his lackeys to invent a reason. There's no way anyone could have thought this wouldn't get out and make them look like idiots.

10. jr/shotglass

I think one thing that would move the needle and put Angelos in his place would be if Jim Palmer spoke out. His words hold a lot of weight in Bal'mer.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I am afraid to ask which one I am in this equation :p

JC, jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted