1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The extra wild cards--and the Phillies making the World Series last year--have really changed everyone's thinking and I'm not sure if it's for better or worse. Just watching the Mets quit makes it pretty clear that a team is completely demoralized when it sells within shouting distance of a playoff berth. But is it worth not restocking yourself for a longshot playoff bid that probably isn't sustainable over the long haul?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Angelos and Co. are getting absolutely crucified right now. And for good reason.
    If I’m Brown, and they ask me back after they apologize, I’m not sure I’d go back.

maumann likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just shameful actions by Orioles management. Gary Cohen has a great takedown of it from the Mets broadcast tonight.

maumann likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think he should go back and finish off what could be a tremendous season, one that could help his career. Simply being on the call if they make the playoffs by any means would be helpful. Then he should hang out and do his college football and basketball games for ESPN and put out feelers to other MLB teams. And as soon as one makes an offer, he should take it and tell Angelos to screw himself.

maumann likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Cohen…..O’Brien……Benetti got a shot in…..even Russo went on a screaming rant.
    What a shame that they had to do something this stupid during a great run.

maumann and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Angelos is the new Danny Snyder. Same region and everything. Steps on a rake with every step he takes, thinks he's immune to anything and everyone b/c he's the owner. And he will be, until he's a big enough asshole to force the commissioner to do something. Alas, Manfred is an even bigger idiot than Goodell, so this could take a while.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I won't go that far. He hasn't harassed female employees or committed other similarly unsavory acts. But he's a loose cannon who needs to sign a long-term lease, kill the stalking horse from Nashville and then sell the team to a local owner who will steward an important franchise.
    Of these, the last one is highly unlikely. But a fan can dream.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If Manfred is going to back the ongoing flustercluck of fans in Oakland, what makes you think he'll stop Angelos?

matt_garth likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Baltimore has a crown jewel of a ballpark, a winning team and a nearly full house most nights.

Just kidding. Nothing.

(I don't think it'll happen, but I wouldn't trust Manfred to ever do the semi-right thing)

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted