1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, if I wasn't a Gary Cohen fan before ...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/fhgk-aPtZjY

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Un-freakin-believeable. Winless since the trade deadline.

4. MileHigh

Absolutely atrocious. I expect to see that in San Bernardino this week, not the MLB level.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Mets are now closer to a playoff spot than the Angels. The Mets!

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Nevin's postgame was revealing about his ability. He was asked if he thinks Estevez is tired. Nevin batted it around briefly, saying something like, we talk before every game and he tells he me he is fine ... he wants the ball. That is the competitor in him. But, yes, I think he is tired.

Isn't it the managers job (along with the pitching coach) to KNOW what condition the pitchers are in? To not be talked out of making the right decisions?

The Angels have wasted solid starts the past few days because of bullpen failures. And they still don't hit with runners in scoring position. They were lucky to be winning last night because of Giants defensive gaffes. Effing CJ Cron jogged all the way around from first to score as the Giants center fielder kicked the ball around, then the catcher dropped the ball while tagging out Cron. Pollack fell down chasing a routine fly that wound up as a triple for Grichuk, who scored the go-ahead run. Then Grichuk returned the favor by misplaying a single into a two-run triple as the Giants took the lead in the ninth. A bunch more hits followed against Estevez.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Boone's a small mammal masquerading as a manager.

How soon can they sign Alvaro Espinoza, because that's the era the current lineup looks like.

8. MileHigh

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What I wouldn't give to see the entire Orioles announcing team -- Palmer, Ben McDonald, all of them -- sit out tonight's game. I'd just love to see the hilarity that would ensue from THAT.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Angelos was Danny Boy before anyone outside the Snyder nuclear family had ever heard of Danny Boy. Odds are that Angelos will go to the big stadium in the cosmos before the Commish finds any reason to try to make him sell the team.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Nevin never would have got the job if Moreno wasn't planning to sell the team. He was a placeholder so the new owner could pick his guy. They should replace him with coach Benji Gil, who managed Mexico in the WBC.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted