1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Anchor Brewing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HanSenSE, Jul 12, 2023.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I talked with Jack for about an hour and Sam for about 45 minutes and Eric for 20ish. Had loads on content outside of the main article to run. I think Jack's book on Lagers should be out soon.
    They also make a lot of Night Shift's beers now. The day I was there they had the NS brewing team there to discuss SOPs and run through back end lab work.
    Yeah, a bunch of NY kids from an ice making business moving to Boston and becoming the official craft beer of the Celtics is pretty funny.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If they buy it, they need to bring back the classic label.

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Just found this and thought of you. Buying something for BIL’s birthday and saw it so it’s coming home too

IMG_7939.jpeg

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Although LP is a phenomenal beer, its big brother, the ESB, is a far better beer.

Huggy and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

I’ll look for it next time … which means there needs to be a next time and soon

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm a beer guy, have had the most rare and hard to get beers on earth, and it's definitely a top 5 beer for me.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

God, yes, I had several pints of London Pride a few weeks back at the King's Head Pub in Santa Monica and it was outstanding. But the disappearance of ESB from liquor store shelves here in Toronto has been a real blow.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Wow, Santa Monica is my hometown, but I haven't been to the King's Head in quite a while. Best fish and chips ever. That's where a learned about the Eagles' "Take another shot of courage." Thought it could have meant a London ale called John Courage, which I don't think they make anymore. I played lots of darts at the King's Head and knew the previous owner, Phil Elwell, very well. He is in most of the celebrity photos all over the pub.

Huggy likes this.
  10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My cousin lives in Pacific Palisades and said it's her favourite spot to hang out there for a drink. We went there three times when were there, reminded me a lot of my dear, departed local pub.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Rogie Vachon lived in Pacific Palisades, Gene Carr and Larry Brown were in Santa Monica.

Huggy likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Kings Head Pub is a great spot. Went there with a bunch of high school friends the last time I was with most of them. We were all prim and proper for a buddy’s wedding went there after. The buddy was really cheap and had bare minimum finger foods and no drinks at the reception so we all bailed and went there for rounds. Neat spot and we went at an odd time so we had the pub to ourselves.

Huggy and Dog8Cats like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted