1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Add to it the bad play in center to load the bases and the dropped foul tip that would have been strike three and I’m looking for a live chicken

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
    dixiehack likes this.
  2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The last two nights, Tanner Bibee and Gavin Williams combined to go 14 innings, allowed 1 run on seven hits, struck out 18 and walked 1.
    The Guardians went 1-1 in those games.
    And that is why they traded Civale for fir Manzardo. They don't need Civale. They do need offense. And however good or bad Manzardo winds up, chances are he's going to be better than everyone on Cleveland's roster other than Ramirez, Naylor and Kwan.

Bibee, by the way, is now 6-0 following a Guardians loss. Gunnar Henderson is the betting favorite to win AL ROY (people bet on that?!), but Bibee, who wasn't called up until a month into the season, is going to make a pretty good case for himself if he keeps this up.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That was a well-pitched a Jays game - from both teams - as I think I have seen this season. Kukuchi was terrific for the Jays.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The other side of the coin, Bautista spiked a couple of his split-fingers and wound up throwing four straight 100+ heaters to Tucker to close that at-bat. A hitter like Kyle Tucker is eventually going to time it.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels closer Carlos Estevez did the same thing as Bautista. Estevez had not blown a save all season (23 in a row), then gave up a grand slam to Mariners rookie Chad Marlowe the other night. A 3-1 lead became a 5-3 deficit.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Every Astros fan in that home run clip, from 5 to 55, looked exactly how I expect Astros fans to look. Smarmy shits.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Between the Commanders, Suns, Watford and Orioles I'm well versed at rooting for teams and just brushing aside the shitty ownership. At least I have new owners for two of those teams. Kevin Brown has to leave the organization after this year after this debacle. Just has to. And it's a shame that little twat Angelos let it come to this. Fuck him.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In the gift that keeps on giving, the O's TV crew tonight is Melanie Newman (normally the field reporter) and Dave Johnson. Also known as the Fifth String.

I don't know what is going on now, but something is. It's the only explanation for that being the team for Game 2 of the Houston series, at home.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing happened in Philadelphia.

maumann likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

An old-school nothing happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted