1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I would love to do that, but it takes me 3-4 hours to get the job done so I have to go the other way. Get up early and get it done before the absolute worst of the heat hits. I got started around 8:30 this morning and finished around noon. I think it was 82/100 when I started and 96/110 when I finished.

Driftwood and I Should Coco like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

In late June and July, yes!

Now it’s starting to get dark between 8:15 and 8:45.

And we’re expecting the hottest weather of the year this week (101 to 107).

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well it hasn't rained in Microville for almost two months, a lot of people's lawns are looking awfully brown. I'd love to have a long night of rain, we sure need it.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We've only had two 90-plus days here in August (hottest was a 92). Amazingly, haven't clipped 100 this year.

Had to go into the mountains today for some football and the monsoon is flush. Lots of water on Monarch Pass this morning, and even more coming back over Leadville and on both sides of the tunnels.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That's exactly my issue. It takes a similar amount of time. I always hate this time of year because with constant rain and swaths of coarse tall fescue, I could honestly mow twice a week. The humidity and dew point make it nearly impossible to mow early in the morning, and by the time it dries, it's insanely hot.

Neutral Corner and Batman like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The choice is still early morning. It won't get cooler or less humid. My grass is like your, its rank a week after cutting it, and bright green from rain every day to two days. Drought is nowhere on the menu around here.

8. Driftwood

It's the time of year. I hate it. I absolutely hate it.
    Every time I think about how many hours of my life have been wasted mowing grass, I don't know whether to cuss or cry.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

https://www.astrolawn.com/

Driftwood likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was 49 here this morning. We've only had 19 days in the 90s, none in the 100s.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

It’s chilly here this morning next to the White River, but it’s gonna be downright cold on the water. Looking for brown trout and whatever else might bite. Catch and photo and release for me.

12. Driftwood

We got jacked up by storms all night. I didn't personally see any damage around my house, but I hear there are a lot of downed trees in the north end of the county and flooding in the west. A lot of people are going to be shoveling gravel from the road back into their driveways this afternoon. Thankfully not me.

Draft saved Draft deleted