1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"No flipping."
    ---Larry Sanders & Donald J. Trump

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

From Twitter: RICO LAW!

upload_2023-8-15_7-32-46.png

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Very fine party

Neutral Corner and franticscribe like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And there’s a deep drive to left by Castellanos for a home run and it’s now 4-0 …

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Don't forget that longtime Boston third baseman: Rico Prisonacelli.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Seriously, skimming through the indictment, the case is thoroughly laid out, detailing exactly what crimes the 19 defendants committed AND mentioning as many as 30 unnamed co-conspirators. I can see where the judge might wonder what all the Arizona, Michigan and Pennsylvania acts have to do with Fulton County, but the DA is showing a clear and concise attempt of coercion on multiple instances, including key Georgia election officials and regular pollworkers.

It's an extremely complicated case but the DA took her time and left few stones unturned. I'm certain the defense will argue she has no jurisdiction as a county prosecutor, but the evidence she has about specific Fulton County incidents -- tampering with the ballot count at the Dome, the calls to Kemp and Raffensberger, badgering the pollworker -- are pretty damning.

Lawyer up. Except most of the shyster lawyers don't actually know any real lawyers willing to take on this case, knowing most of this BS is indefensible. "Well, that was just my opinion under my First Amendment rights" is going to be a hard sell when you filed actual lawsuits knowing this was a false narrative. Rudy, Sidney and Trump's "illegal team" have got some explaining to do.

I'm somewhat disappointed Lady G and Crazy Marge aren't on the list but I'm certain the comeuppance is coming. But the state is going to have to build a new wing in Jackson to hold all the criminals. I can't wait for the mugshots.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“And that’s how (checks notes) Georgia, twice saved the union.”

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Last time somebody tried to make a deal there because they were in a bind and way behind, it only cost them a golden fiddle.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Why are we indicting Trump? They say it couldn't be done.
    Hell, that's the reason, son.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted