1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I assume it’s picking the earliest date possible to account for inevitable delay tactics. Six months seems highly improbable.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The one thing that can't happen is everything can't be rolled into one where you risk a Cannon dismissing our something. Keep Ga. crimes in state court.
    Even if he doesn't get convicted, for once in his life make him realize there is a find out stage.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

RAGGERS?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Lol, trumpy vows to release his own election fraud report on Monday that will totally exonerate him!

It would’ve been this week but they ran out of crayons and had to fundraise to buy more.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Wanna know how much influence political columnists like MoDo, David Brooks, Ruth Marcus, et. al., have on actual American voters?

Pretty close to a Blutarsky.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nuremberg wasn't a circus. This trial has Trump.

maumann likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He would have had it today but they're finishing the beautiful health care plan.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

How about political reporters?

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Oh, they have plenty of influence among the professional punditry and cable news bookers. National political news coverage is an incestuous racket.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Where do you go for your news writing? I was a late convert, but I appreciate the WSJ's news coverage. Funny, I worked for JPMorgan Chase in comms for like five years and never picked it up once. But last year when I was convalescing I decided to see what was different about it. Its editorial section is obviously right-wing, but Peggy Noonan and most of that department are at least on board with moving past Trump as the party standard bearer.

If the Economist were cheaper, I'd read its political stuff. I like the BBC for the same reason: outsider perspective, more balanced, not playing to established quadrants.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted