1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

… unless you visit the crazier sides of the internet, where Collins for sure definitely died from the COVID vaccine.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Trey Lance somehow looks unathletic.

swingline likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I guess the vaccine caused the SUV driver to pull out in front of him and caused Collins to T-bone the passenger side and fly through the rear window and into the back seat.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Good luck to Colts fans this season. Anthony Richardson has enormous potential but is frustratingly underwhelming at times, particularly in key situations against good to great defenses. Maybe professional coaching will help his decision making, but at Florida, he seemed more often than not to make the wrong read or take off running without assessing better options. The Gators sucked but Richardson didn't help them suck less.

Liut and SixToe like this.
  5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Listening to WFAN today in the wake of the Dalvin Cook signing is entertaining, with a lot of guys saying it's overkill. Lol. Dude, if I'm the Jets, I'd keep signing guys -- maybe even an upgrade at backup QB -- because this is the most snake-bit franchise in the NFL and injuries have a way of decimating every team, let alone one built to win now.

I'm a Steelers fan, but I live in the New York City market and football season is always more enjoyable when the Jets and the Giants are competitive and interesting. Rarely happens in the same season.

Liut likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize you were also in the NY market, too. There is also entertainment value when the Giants and/or Jets suck. :)

My issue with what the Jets have done is that they invested so heavily in the skill positions, but not enough in upgrading the offensive line.

Maybe the Steelers can offer them Kendrick Green for Israel Ibanakanda. (I kid. I wouldn't trade a laundry bag full of used socks with holes in the toe for Green.)

Liut and CD Boogie like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

seven one eight
    nine three seven
    six six six six

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Im guessing they’re banking on Rodgers’s pocket elusiveness and ability to improvise as a tangible measure against any holes, perceived or otherwise, that they have upfront.

Big Ben late in his career offered no such countermeasure against the likes of Kendrick Green.

But yeah, a really bad offensive line will undo even the most stacked offenses at skill position.

Liut likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Steve Somers hosting Jets therapy on Mondays was always a good listen.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Kansas City's ability to mix and match the offensive line at cut rates as been impressive to date.
    And, yes, it's overstating the obvious that is a tad bit easier due to ... whatshisname.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(Whispers)

DTR in Cleveland might be really good.

Draft saved Draft deleted