1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And now, a public service announcement:

If you post from Elon’s app, you come in with an X link that doesn’t embed. If you post from X dot com via a web browser, you find that the website automatically redirects to twitter dot com and you never see Elon’s buzzy letter.

Make your posting choices carefully.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn’t Trump’s social media guy have access to his Twitter account? How does the prosecution prove Trump himself wrote any DMs? IP address of the phone?

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Why the interest in tattoos? For possible ID purposes? Or are they looking for potentially subversive ones?

Liut and maumann like this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gangs. Even up here in the sticks, they have several redneck rival groups, so they need to know they're not providing the means for an in-house rumble. There was some sort of weird owl call that guys were making to each other the first night I was there, and my bunkie said it was gang-related.

West Side Story meets Deliverance.

EDIT: And the officer actually asked "if I had any ink." And naive me said, "No, I didn't bring a pen." His reaction was priceless.

9. Neutral Corner

The time of the post, IP addy, also GPS location. Trump's location was generally well known. That's part of why they went after his Twitter account, although I read today that there were also a number of DM's. As actively as Trump avoided texts and emails I'm a bit surprised about that, but it was Twitter and he was on it all the time. Probably never occurred to him.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Prominent posters need to voice support

dixiehack likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump's is obvious: The Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight.

garrow and maumann like this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was wondering why linking to a web version of X worked where posting from the app didn’t

Draft saved Draft deleted