1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That's exactly the comparison I was making to my brother. Also, that 40-game stretch for the 1984 Tigers. They're just bludgeoning their opponents now.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

What the Cubs and Christopher Morel did tonight is why I'll never be able to quit baseball.

And thank god for that, and nights like these.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Angels lefty Reid Detmers accounted for nothing happening in Texas into the eighth inning. Semien got a double, but that was it. Rangers got two more hits in the ninth, but the Angels won, 2-0.
    On their six-game trip to Houston and Arlington, the Angels won, 2-1 and 2-0. Lost the other four something like 100-5

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Yankees are the worst I've ever seen them and that includes 1990, when they had the excuse of being run into the ground by pre-sanity George, who was about to get a "lifetime" ban from baseball. This is a lifeless, leaderless team with bad contract after bad contract bogging it down. Brian Cashman, who is 100,000,000% responsible for this muck and has been living on scholarship for more than a quarter-century while riding on the coattails of what Gene Michael built, needs to be fired. I'm actually starting to think George's son might have the stones to do it.

Baron Scicluna and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Which means they're gonna lose the World Series. If they even get that far.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

And his first major league homer was against.........Jacob deGrom. Baseball's fucking great.

maumann likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Cashman absolutely has to go. The last few seasons have made that clear.

Who’s next? They go Jeter?

Edit to add: I am not Manky.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Whomever the highest ranking front office member of the Rays they can poach. I like Amiel Sawdaye in Arizona. At this point I'd settle for Brian Sabean

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You clearly did not see the Oscar Gamble, Mel Hall, Claudell Washington early 80 versions. They were horrible.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Haha I did (I was pretty young, but I remember them). They weren't good, but they hung around and were interesting. Those teams also had two HOFers in Reggie Jackson & Dave Winfield, plus Don Mattingly knocking on the door. The interest may have been drama generated by George, but at least they were interesting. This is a team devoid of life, personality and visible baseball skills.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Jeter was an unmitigated disaster in Miami. Most superstars (well, Jeter was overrated as shit, but you know what I mean :D) aren't cut out to be good execs. I tend to think Jeter's ego wouldn't allow him to take the chance of failing in New York. BUT, he does hate Cashman. I can't think of anything he'd like more than replacing him as GM.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This will probably be chum in the New York media waters, improbable as it may be. Seems likely to be a GM vacancy in the Bronx.

Draft saved Draft deleted