1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That’s fair.

Also, the S&P is up 16 percent this year and people are convinced the markets have been crashing for months. (They might actually be right now, our CEO spoke to us this week at a meeting and outright said the company’s internals are all pointing to a soft R-word in 2023 and early 2024, which are telling given the medical market is pretty recession resistent.) But that doesn’t change that people are convinced things are terrible even when they aren’t right now.

maumann and Regan MacNeil like this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yeah but gas prices

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If I could buy nothing but tennis balls and TVs and not have to pay for things like, oh, property taxes and homeowners insurance, I'm sure inflation would seem pretty, er, milquetoast.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That’s a little talk radio-ish for you. Are you workshopping material for a new market or something?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Cool. Cool. Nothing to see here.
    And of course it passed along party lines in the veto proof supermajority that is a result of one person who still should be run out of town.
    Yeah, I said it.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article278312453.html

The Republican-dominated North Carolina General Assembly is working to take away more powers from the state’s governor. The governor’s powers are already weak by design compared to other states, and a new law that took effect this year took more power away during states of emergency. Now a bill poised to become law will take away the governor’s powers to appoint people to several government oversight boards and commissions.

The bill passed the House 72-47, along party lines, with Republicans supporting and Democrats opposing it. It was sent to the Senate, which approved it on a 27-18, party-line vote with no debate.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I paid $1.99 for a dozen jumbo eggs this morning. If the previous price increase was Biden’s fault, I assume that the current prices are on him as well?

Tarheel316, garrow and Dyno like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember......

.....the Twitter Files?
    .....the Durham Report?
    .....the Nunes Memo?
    .....Cyberninjas?

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Alma, again, what job does Hunter Biden have in the president’s administration?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, polls, I know, but you'd think someone in true GOP leadership would realize it's time to cut him loose. Give him the nomination, and you will lose the election. That's a good thing, but when a political party's main goal is to win elections, backing a proven loser doesn't seem like a great strategy.

WASHINGTON Nearly two-out-of-three Americans said they would probably not or definitely not support former President Donald Trump in a new poll ahead of the 2024 race for the White House.
    The poll, conducted by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, found that 53% of Americans say they would definitely not support Trump if he is the Republican nominee next year, and 11% say they probably wouldn’t support him in November 2024.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If only the Tsar knew...

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Not relevant, because nearly 100 percent of GOP politicians know they can't expect to stay in office if they don't swear fealty.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

They lost the brakes on this downhill semi 15 years ago.

I Should Coco and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted