1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

In the specific example you cited (“three mental health doctors”), they aren’t shopping around for multiple providers for the same issue because their employer-provided insurance pays a pitifully small portion of the bills compared to even 10 years ago, and the waiting list probably precludes it anyway. Maybe they have a psychiatrist and a psychologist, but that’s because forces way above them long ago separated out prescribing meds from talk therapy, not because they want an extra copay to feel special.

More generally, they don’t pay attention to 95 percent of the stuff we go on about in this thread, mine and yours alike. There’s a generalized dislike of politicians that exists as a background hum. If they’re worried about life they hate the president, whoever he may be. If things are going good they ignore him.

2. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Why, oh why, oh why, can't we redirect Hurricane Hillary to crush Mar A Lago???????????????

tea and ease and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yeah, about this — it’s spot-on.

My son has a psychiatrist (who doesn’t accept insurance) for his meds, a clinical social worker (who doesn’t accept insurance) for his weekly therapy sessions, a psychologist (who doesn’t accept insurance) who did his neuro-psych work-up, and an educational advocate on retainer since his school decided to fuck around on providing special-education services.

This has been going on for two-plus years, and we’re finally turning the corner where we may not NEED all of this.

If we had waited for someone who accepted our insurance, we’d still be waiting.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

My guess is 305. He got the fat sucked out of him sometime between 2021 and 2023.

Now he just looks like a grimy smelly drawn-out puddle of sweat.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The example that I provided was specific, and I wasn’t applauding the person’s approach. I was questioning whether that person actually needed that level of care.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There's a 100 percent chance Alma's hypothetical person is liberal, yes?

tea and ease likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Why don't they accept insurance?
    Was not aware of this problem at all, but that's tragically absurd.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I won’t pretend to speak to Creosote’s circumstance, but my son has seen a private-pay only psychiatrist the last several years. It indeed sucks that we can’t use insurance, but it means he actually got seen by somebody instead of going on a years-long waiting list (the monopoly insurance provider for our state squeezes doctors in a way that makes Wal Mart jealous) and that doctor actually takes the time to listen to what he is being told and develop a thorough plan for adjusting and updating meds. This is still more cost efficient and far more effective than a week in a psych ward. We’ve been down that road with him twice and pray we never have to again.

Oh, and my son votes somewhere to the right of YF, so Alma needn’t worry about him being a liberal squish craving affirmation.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that Trump's manifest unfitness for office extends far beyond his four separate impending trials.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Here's a video in which Fatfuck legitimately does weigh the 238-339 pounds his "doctor" has claimed.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Now that I can renew my driver’s license online, I will have hair, look 32 and weigh 170 pounds until 2030.

tea and ease and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Those two idiots jerked each other off afterward,
    but you have to be a Fox subscriber to see that clip.

Draft saved Draft deleted