1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Have you ever needed mental health care, or has anyone close to you?

Wait, I'm pretty sure I can answer that myself.

tea and ease and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But .... but .... he needs three mental-health people. He must be a hypochondriac. And a freak. So say some.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Sometime in the last decade, I decided to give a chiropractor a try just to sort out some getting older pains. They examined me, took x-rays, consults, etc. and said my insurance would cover 21 visits. I'd have to pay $25 per visit co-pay. My protocol was lined out that I'd come so many times this week, and so many the following week, and so forth and so on.
    I started running the numbers, and wouldn't you know it, the number of times they wanted me to come was exactly 21.
    I told them to shove off.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

We won't. Next question.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The person in my anecdote wasn't a liberal, either. More of an aggrieved conservative.

But fair is fair. It's on me for not sufficiently unpacking the situation so that the larger point - that we need universal health care - isn't lost. Nobody forces me to post anything.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not. Enough. Sharpies.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And that poster, that one right there, is why people don’t seek mental health care. Why does someone need mental health? Because fuck you for asking.

Woody Long likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Wisconsin debate could be interesting - Trump says he's not doing it, but its on Fox - its going to be a live "first look" at a Republican party that Trump isn't the center of - does he dare not show up?
    I know there have been a few events I didn't go to because I was pissed off at someone, figuring my absence would glaring and ruin the event for everyone who did show up - and ended up even more pissed off when I heard the event went great, "too bad you couldn't make it."

Driftwood likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Word is that Trump is going on Tucker Carlson's Twitter show that night. Counterprogramming by getting in front of a small audience who were all going to vote for him anyhow.

My bet is that he turns himself in the Thursday after the debate so the hoopla covering that takes attention away from the debate results discussion.

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

we've all been around yuge athletes, there was never any doubt he was over 300.

The dude has no mass in the arms or upper musculature (and thank heavens we've never seen his legs), so 400 was out of the question.

Draft saved Draft deleted