1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ahsoka (2023)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 21, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It doesn’t drop on Wednesday. Tune in to Disney+ at 9 p.m. EDT Tuesday. Also, if this isn’t your favorite astromech it soon will be.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Chopper can certainly be a lot of fun. I've been looking forward to the series. Ahsoka is a well-developed character and, so far, Rosario Dawson has done a good job bringing her to life. I just hope the focus is on telling a good story rather than just getting pieces into place for the next movie or series.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As long as the focus isn't "How many cameos can we cram into one episode?".

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

As someone who never watched the cartoons, I found this helpful in filling in the gaps:

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Don’t make me go full anime fan on you.

Am I gonna have to go full anime fan on you?

6. Regan MacNeil

For calling them cartoons? Apologies.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

:p

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Never go full anime.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Starts with a crawl and a hero shot of a ship. Feels like Star Wars.

10. Regan MacNeil

Clancy Brown!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That one I expected. He provided the voice for the character on Rebels.

I just started the second episode. They are doing a nice job bringing Lothal, the characters, and the creatures from that show to life and so far I'm really enjoying the performance by Ray Stephenson (R.I.P.). We are clearly missing some of the story, particularly the relationship between Ahsoka and Sabine, at least in the part I saw before, which gets a little frustrating. It's a bit convenient to have their issues create a problem for the protagonists.

Edit: I just finished the second episode. They did a good job of mixing some action in as they brought the players into place. They continue to mix in examples of the failings of the New Republic. There are a few character choices that seem more focused on keeping the plot moving forward rather than actual logic. I don't want to get into too many spoilers, but shouldn't there have been patrol ships they could call on at the end?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I tried to watch, but I think I’m officially Star Wars-ed out. I just can’t muster any interest.

And I long ago gave up trying to read up on the background of characters or story arcs I’m not familiar with. The geeks ruined that for me.

Plus, Star Wars just seems so quaint in the days of the MCU.

I’m going to give it another chance, but I don’t think it’s ever going to be must-watch for me again.

Jssst21 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted