1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The old GOP, "less government, decentralized government", MAGA GOP "standardized, centralized governance of books, racial studies, right to abortion."

The clowns these days have no clue about governing, all they cling to is "abortion, guns, homophobic, all immigrants are evil." That's it.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It seems like Jimmy Carter is a short timer. It got me thinking how the funeral will be handled in regards to Trump.
    Is in invited to told to stay away?
    Is he grudgingly invited and chooses not to show? Does he stage some kind of event at the same time?
    Then, when he kicks off, how is that handled? You couldn't really not have a state funeral for the vermin, but does the sitting and other former POTUSes show?
    The other formers don't want him in their club, and you know he isn't interested in anything where he isn't the center of attention.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Maybe he won’t be able to attend.

franticscribe, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that the GOP still runs half the country.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree with all of that.

Which is why I’m saying the party is in essence done. Wealthy, educated people used to vote for the republican party. That’s not going to happen anymore. They’ll either vote Democrat, or for some other emergent party, but not this.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

For now. It’ll be a much smaller % soon enough.

Imagine being a 17 year old kid today and growing up in a Trump household - kid can’t control that - and also aspiring to attend to college not run by Chris Rufo. Imagine the rude awakening that occurs when you get on campus and you realize that 77% of the people there vote the other way.

The Republican Party has no future with young people - especially if they go to college.

SFIND likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Or have sex.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Where do they find these assholes?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think we agree on what, but maybe not 'how.'

I'm not sure there'll be any kind of new party or even a rebranding. Easier to keep the name 'Republican' and the Pantone 02123 color scheme.

Rather, like cordyceps, the new fascist virus invades the host, takes over the brain and consumes the GOP from within while using it to reproduce.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted