1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not even close to what I was thinking, but thanks for playing. McCain made it very clear TFG was persona non grata at his funeral and I imagine Carter is doing the same. Trump had to be invited to Bush's funeral by protocol as a sitting president, which isn't the case now.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

About the only club more exclusive than Living Ex POTUS (5) is Living Ex Pope (1).
    You know it kills the attention whore that he is exiled from the photo ops.

wicked likes this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s staggering what we have become.

matt_garth likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Good segment here ...

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what if he called himself nikki ramaswamy

6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

It's been a couple of hours. I'm disappointed, frankly

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But it gets replaced by people who are, at this moment, reasonable. Over time, they become resentful and selfish and contemptuous of others who differ from them.
    In the 1976 election, Carter got roughly 54% of the vote from those 29 and younger, i.e. those born from 1947 to 1958. In 2016, those ≥ 65 went for Trump 53-44. The margin was 52-48 for Trump in 2020.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Carter was a dead cat bounce for Democrats as Watergate temporarily overrode the backlash to the civil rights era. Otherwise the GOP would have rolled off six consecutive presidential election wins

Liut and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I guess I am the super outlier to the theory that someone gets more conservative the older they get.
    I'm a hell of a lot more liberal at 52 than I was at 25. And honestly, I don't consider myself liberal. I'm just more understanding and tolerant. I prefer to get along with people.
    As long as someone isn't bothering me, who gives a shit how they want to live their lives. That's their right and business just like mine is to live my life the way I see fit.
    I don't like taxes, but I don't see the point in getting bent out of shape about it. All you do is wind up mad and then have to pay them anyway.
    Life is much better when folks aren't uptight about everything.

wicked, BrownScribe, SFIND and 17 others like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

GHWB could have personally overridden that protocol by ordering in his will that Fatfuck was to be banned, physically ejected if necessary, and considering what he had said about Jeb, I was surprised he didn't.

I was surprised and even disappointed that McCain didn't take an explicit, specific shot from beyond the grave and explicitly ordered the door to be slammed on Fatfuck.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted