1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Presidential funerals are mapped out years in advance -- from when the president is/was in office. It's highly scripted and they don't wait until they pass away to go over the details. The exact plans -- from processional to lying in state in the Rotunda, to who is giving speeches at certain times -- are already determined. For all of them.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If Jimmy Carter leaves instructions for a graveside service in the Southwest Georgia sun, rest assured Trump will stay away lest he melt into the red clay like an ass-scented candle.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I could absolutely see Carter have a very quiet, nondescript service. He's been out of office for more than 40 years. Meanwhile, Trump probably has all the military bells and whistles lined up, fireworks over the capital, a mourning period of 45 days, a coast-to-coast-and-back-to-coast whistlestop train tour, five days of speeches at the National Cathedral, a three-day LIV event fundraiser (shorts and loud music included) with proceeds going to the Trump Organization and full burial at Arlington.

Slacker, tapintoamerica and garrow like this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m in!

MileHigh likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

People turn 65 every year. More than those who die. There will be 80 million 65-and-olders by 2040, more than double the number in 2000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2023/02/14/aging-boomers-more-older-americans/

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

And there will be a long line of well wishers fresh off Taco Bell visits ready to visit his grave.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

“We?”

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You’re better looking, too.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just think if when Fatfuck kicks off, the president in office issues a decree: No state funeral. No burial at Arlington. No flags at half staff. And fuck anybody who doesn't like it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Didn’t Benedict finally kick the bucket about four months ago?

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Alls I know is I want @Starman to run security at my funeral.

Draft saved Draft deleted