1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Her audition monologue in the opening episode was unreal. Jumped off the screen. You could see the switch flipped from awkward character to audition of her life. Masterclass.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Would a review raving about a Streep performance make a sound? Clicks baby.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really don't know what is the best thing about this clip, the Ernie Anderson voice-over, or that John Vernon plays the big-bad in at least three of these shows. (And considering the previews were likely all pilots, you kind of wonder what the producers were thinking). Oh, and some of the other familiar faces spotted along the way. Always thought When Things Were Rotten was ahead of its time - but then again, I loved Galavant from a few years back.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

One of my wife's best friends is Sam Elliott's niece. Can confirm, exceptionally nice guy.

garrow likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Billions back. Band back together to stop Mike Prince from becoming president. Don’t even care if it makes sense. I just want to see Damien Lewis and Paul Giammati and everyone else chew scenery and spit out remains.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

First 3 episodes of Only Murders have been very good.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not surprising with the strikes. That said, while I wasn't expecting a long form version of the movie, sometimes the lesbian and race story lines seemed a bit much. Or am I being bad left-winger?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I just watched the Manziel doc on Netflix. I wouldn't say you'll encounter anything shocking, but it was worth the 70 minutes.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Eye opening. I fell for that excuse that Manziel was from a rich oil family so that's how he had all of the trappings we saw and it wasn't from NCAA violations. I cheered him for doing the "where's the money" stuff because A&M profited enormously from him.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The latest thing Johnny Football has learned is how to monetize your past misdeeds.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Telemarketers on HBO and Max is an eye-opening documentary. It tells the story of how predatory fund raising companies manipulate and take advantage of people and how the police turned their backs because they were benefitting. Two of the three parts have aired so far. The finale is Sunday.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

So glad to see this one come back. Only Murders in the Building has the comfortable feel of late evening conversations with friends who do things you're not particularly into but enjoy hearing about their enjoyment.

Oliver and Charles, well, mostly Oliver, have bordered on being a bit much at times this season. That Mabel has taken some breaks from them is believable. It's nice to see most of the denizens of The Arconia are back. I am sorry to see Alice is no longer a part of the fun. She and Mabel were great foils for each other.

Is it me or is Paul Rudd actually aging?

Draft saved Draft deleted