1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm partial to warm, not heat.
    I'm fairly hot natured anyway. I wear shorts long after others have broken out their winter clothes. If you see me wearing a heavy coat, you know I plan to be outside for an extended time with the temps at or below freezing.
    I can't handle the 90+ stuff we are expected to have the next few days. It was 88 yesterday evening, and I just stayed inside until about 7:30.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Working from home this morning and have both the front and back doors open, enjoying random 62-degree temps. First time my AC units have been off in weeks. Supposed to be 97 here Friday then it looks like it'll break for temps in the low 80s all of next week. I can handle those extreme days as long as they're outliers.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sounds like one of the guides who has worked with Donald Cranor over there. He’s the live bait master on the White River. The fly guys look down on him, but if you want to catch a big bull brown trout that is who you call. At a previous position, I fished with his crew several times when Bill Dance was filming a TV show there. We just wore them out using live minnows (then would say we caught them on our company’s products).

Glad y’all had a good trip.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Starting school this morning, and a kid comes in wearing a heavy Carhartt coat. I said, "Dude! It's going to be 90 today, and I would wear that thing if is was 9."

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Gwen wrecked the Kia yesterday -- she's OK, just scrapes and bruises -- but that leaves us with the car with no working air conditioner. Wonderful days ahead.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

IMG_4618.jpeg

7. Inky_Wretch

What kind of messed up reading is that!?!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My phone has wigged out the entire time I’ve been in Conway, which is the first place I’ve seen in Arkansas that didn’t make me want to swallow the gun. Possibly it’s in shock being within range of civilization again.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Conway is a neat little town. Hendrix and UCA give it a solid college vibe. But a lack of liquor stores means you've got to drive 30 minutes for a six pack. That was the worst part of my years there.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bummer, hope she's doing well.

I'm ready for all of the punches and vitriol coming but in my experience women have a different (worse) spatial perception than men which leads to major issues.

11. Inky_Wretch

Well, when they've been told six inches is really 10 their entire adult lives ...

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wife often parks too close to our other car in the garage, saying it's because she's afraid of hitting the edge of the garage.

Maybe because she HAS hit the edge of the garage.

Draft saved Draft deleted