1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No. We also care that he cheats at golf.

Or so I've heard.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I see where Joe and Jill Biden have made the 15 minute trip.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

DeSantis is one of the damndest people.

Whatever you think of him now - and I think he's, yeesh - you could look at the first 35 years of his life and struggle to find a better resume. Legit athlete. Two Ivy League degrees. JAG. Worked with a Seal Team.

He could walk on any debate stage and act like he's been there. He could live life that way. He could govern that way.

He acts, lives and governs with a stupendous chip on his shoulder. Like he's been burning for 30 years to prove to some sixth-grader who mocked his height that Ron DeSantis turned out to be something.

He's done nothing but win elections and run things and he seems miserable, robotic, huffy, wild-eyed. And his policies point to a kind of vengeance - reciprocity - against people who he thinks lived a more enjoyable life than him.

But, then a lot of successful people are like that, I guess.

OscarMadison, dixiehack, Liut and 3 others like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Only Biden can beat Trump, IMO.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Says all you need to know about the GQP.

garrow likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's going to, but I agree with you.

At one point, Vivek gestured to those on his left and right and said they'd provide incremental change. He said he'd provide a revolution.

We live in an America so angry and confused that GOP voters might think a revolution is a good idea.

He said we needed to "end teacher's unions" at the local level. I don't know what he means. He doesn't know what he means. How would a president do that? Vivek just knows "boo, unions."

He's going to be around awhile though. Unfortunately. Because unlike DeSantis, Vivek *is* having fun up there and makes vague noises about smashing up our country, which is appealing in this nihilist moment.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's a brown version of H Ross Perot, who kept saying we needed to "sweep out the barn" in 1992 but, when people asked what the hell he actually meant, couldn't provide a plan.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's basically political preseason and the media needs some new shiny object to obsess over. Ramaswamadingdong is the perfect target for that.

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Educated citizens my ass.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess it was because of polling numbers --- and being "called out" by other candidates --- but Vivek got WAY too much camera time.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ramaswamy is full of platitudes and seems to not know what a president actually does. But fundamentally, a lot of the GOP seems to think government serves no purpose, which is how you get candidates like Trump, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and now Ramaswamy generating significant interest in various primaries. If you start from the premise that the entire federal government is just a pure waste of money, it opens the door to nominating someone who has no experience in government and doesn't take the job seriously.

He still can't beat Trump, though, and even independent of that, I can't see him maintaining any level of support when he has to qualify his "God is real" statement with "And he's half monkey."

Draft saved Draft deleted