1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Instead of using the pandemic as an excuse for the massive Trump deficit, the candidates not in Congress in 2020 should have slammed the others for sending stimulus checks to people --- like me and my wife --- who never missed a paycheck.

Octave likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

*Record Scratch* *Freeze Frame* Yep, that's me. America's Mayor. You're probably wondering how I got myself in this mess. Well, here it goes: I first met Donald J. Trump in 1986......

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes. And he activated millions of voters last night.

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Dear MSNBC,

Tim Miller is too ugly to be on TV every day, not such a great writer either.

tea and ease likes this.
  5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I felt legitimately guilty the day I received that check. And it was like the one time in my life I didn't need the cash.

wicked and maumann like this.
  6. BTExpress

Not only did we get the checks, but because of the pandemic I got to work from home (ka-ching! less gasoline and wear on the car), and we got a $500 bonus every few months because of "additional expenses incurred because of working from home" (ostensibly more electricity, use of air conditioning).

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Did you both cash yours? :cool:

8. BTExpress

Heh. It was direct deposit. How could I not cash it?

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The work bonus is stunning to me. Pigfuckers I worked for gave us all pay cuts or furloughs. The pay cuts ended up being permanent.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Republican Debate on Fox ... Brought to you by Kool-Aid.

Octave and Killick like this.
  12. BTExpress

Well, they laid me off in June 2021 (after cutting my salary $9,000+ in 2019), so there's that . . .

(but I did have two incomes for five months until my severance payments stopped at the end of October that year)

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted